Dr. Soham Rej is a Geriatric Psychiatrist and Assistant Professor at the Jewish General Hospital/Lady Davis Institute at McGill University. He completed medical school and his residency training at McGill, and then went on to do a geriatric psychiatry clinical and research fellowship at the University of Toronto. He currently runs a lab doing research in three areas including the use of AI, mind body interventions (like mindfulness and yoga) and psychedelic assisted therapy for improving mood, anxiety and cognitive disorders in older adults.
- 1:00 – How did Dr. Rej get started with Mindfulness?
- 3:50 – What is the goal of Mindfulness?
- 6:50 – Is working as a physician incompatible with having a spiritual life?
- 9:00 – How to get started with Mindfulness.
- 13:15 – What is the purpose of human life?
- 14:00 – Getting attached to your work.
- 18:16 – What is it like on a meditation retreat?
- 23:20 – What is it like to be in a deep meditative state?
- 26:15 – Take home message for medical students.